Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful week! It's officially a day after the hump day! Hang in there...Friday is closer than you think.
Moving on. On today's blog post, I am going to be talking about the benefits of alkaline water. As you may already know, I am a huge fan and advocate of hydration and I have raved about specifically drinking alkaline water. Read related blog posts below.
To learn more about alkaline water, continue reading.
WHAT IS ALKALINE WATER
Alkaline refers to its pH level. The pH is a number that measures how acidic or alkaline a substance is on a scale of 0 to 14. e.g pH 1 would be very acidic and pH 13 would be very Alkaline.
That said, alkaline water has a higher pH level than regular drinking water. Because of this, a lot of experts believe it can neutralize the acid in our bloodstream and help our bodies metabolize nutrients effectively which in turns leads to better health. Tap water and other "normal" waters have a pH of around 6/7 and Alkaline water is around pH of 8-9.5 ish.
COMPONENTS OF ALKALINE
The main components of alkaline which aid in dissolving acids in the blood stream are:
1. Calcium: For strong bones, teeth and circulation etc.
2. Sodium: For regulating blood pressure, balancing fluids and aid in muscle movement etc.
3. Magnesium: For improving nerves, heart, kidneys and muscles etc.
4. Potassium: For metabolism, electrolyte, anxiety and nervous system enhancement etc.
1. Drinking alkaline water can help detox the body of heavy metals such as mercury
2. It's been proven to be far more hydrating than acidic or neutral water
3. Helps reduce acid reflux
4. Fortified with calcium, alkaline water can improve bone health
5. Great for heart health due to better hydration creating better circulation there fore improving overall health and well being
6. Improves mental clarity
7. Balances the body's pH levels
8. Provides antioxidant properties
WHERE TO GET ALKALINE WATER
There are several ways to get alkaline water.
1. Bottled water
There are a few companies that sell bottled water that is alkaline. See the picture below for a list companies, their waters and pH levels.
2. Filtration system
There are plenty of vendors that sell various filtration systems that make your water alkaline
3. Countertop water filters
As you may already know, I am having a giveaway for a fridge/over the counter water filter I have been using. It works amazing and has gone through very many tests to ensure consumers drink healthy water. ENTER HERE
4. Alkaline drops
I've personally never tried this but I have heard of people using alkaline drops to make their water alkaline.
5. Baking Soda and Lime/Lemons
I add lime and lemons to my water to make it more alkaline but I have not added baking soda. I have however come across articles that suggest people to add baking soda to their water. I don't know about you but I'll pass.
Welcome to the blog!
My name is Phili. I am a mom, wife, blogger and content creator based in Boston, MA.
Join me as I share myself through health, fitness , fashion, wealth, lifestyle, beauty, travel and personal growth and development.
Be on the look out for new and exciting posts EVERY 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th and 30th of the MONTH
With much love,